Friday, December 7, 2018

Left in the Water



33 years ago I left it in the water!
I left it all: drugging,drinking, anger,unforgiveness hopelessness, ... The list goes on of the negative, life diminishing, soul destroying things I left in the water.
33 years ago someone new came out of the water! I was truly born again and since that day, December 7, 1985 - I have never looked back into the water for what was left behind. I have never doubted that the heavy load of darkness,pain, and addiction were dead and buried. I have come this far only by the grace, love, and power of God - nothing of my own. I have daily sought and continue to do so His face and not His hand. I have experienced a 33 year transformation that is real, consistent and a continual reconfiguration of myself. For this, among so very many others I KNOW my God is real!

There is great significance in this picture. In this picture I am 17 years old - the same age my daughter is now. I am grateful in so many ways that this day - the day I left it in the water, God started me on the path of shaping me into a woman of God for the next generation! At 17, I started my walk with God and for 33 years NEVER doubted His presence,never looked back, never regretted the covenant we made. The blessings keep coming - for 17 years now my daughter has NEVER experienced a day without God in her life. Because I left
"it" in the water, she has never had to wear the garment of shame, pain, addiction and (you name "it"). Because I left it in the water, she is clothed with strength and dignity, and beauty. The things I left in the water she did not have to inherit! Since this day 33 years ago I left "it" all in the water, God has been actively blessing me above and beyond my greatest expectations!
Today I take the time to publicly praise and acknowledge God for this monumental marker. Today I am trusting in Him for even greater joys and longing even more for His return, in which He will bring ALL those who left "it" in the water into His everlasting presence - where "it" will never be!