Monday, January 10, 2011

Let the Journey Begin!

Throughout the Christmas season of 2010 my little family and I opened each worship with a prayer song by Michael Card called "Jesus, Let Us Come to Know You. This has been my prayer for my spiritual life ever since I first met my forever friend Jesus 20 years ago.


Here are the words that have become my personal and family goal.

Jesus, let us come to know you,

Let us see You face to face.

Touch us, hold us, use us, mold us,

Only let us live in You.

Jesus, draw us ever nearer,

Hold us in your loving arms.

Wrap us in Your gentle presence,

When the end comes bring us home.


In 2011, I would like to invite not only my family but my friends to know Jesus - not know of him but know Him personally and intimately. I pray that we all will believe on Him and not just in Him. That they will "be able to comprehend with all saints what [is] the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:18, 19

This is the purpose of my blog in 2011 - I dedicate it to the ones I love and the my One True Love - Jesus. May the words of this blog lift Jesus up and allow Him to draw you to Him. He is so amazing! Let the journey begin!

John 12:32