Saturday, March 14, 2009

Kickaboutist


nud·ism (ndzm, ny-) The belief in or practice of going nude, especially in secluded, sexually mixed groups for reasons of health.


Because I am not a nudist and do not promote it for reasons of vanity and modesty (as well as temptation), I have become a devout Kickaboutist. What is a Kickaboutist you ask? You already maybe one and not know it.


(kik)-(about)-(ist) Is a word that I created to describe a person who believes or practices wearing clothing that is loose, comfortable and often time mixed matched, especially in the privacy of their own home for reasons of mental health.


I believe that every one of us deep down inside are kickaboutist. How many people really enjoy wearing tight confining clothing in the name of fashion? How often do we all long to loosen our pants after a big meal or take off the neck tie?

A true kickaboutist takes off the street clothes they were wearing as soon as the get home. The reach for their favorite sweatshirt, t-shirt and sweat pants. For me it is my favorite pajama bottoms and big oversized t-shirt. I love to kick about the house doing the daily chores, playing with the kids, watching TV in my comfy kick bouts.


Most kickaboutist are not comfortable answer the door or going out for the mail in their kick bouts. You see kickaboutist are not fashion unconscious - but comfortable conscious.
You can know your level of friendship by the way a kickaboutist reacts to your visit. If they change into "more appropriate" clothes, well then you are really just an acquaintance. If they don't change but make a comment like, "Oh, I am sorry I look like a mess." then you are a friend. If they don't say anything and comfortably sit and chat with you are a "close" friend. If you drop by to watch TV, work on a project or just settle down for a long conversation and the kickaboutist offers you some kickabouts….then you are best friends! An intimate friend will offer their own kickabouts to you!


When a kickaboutist travels he or she always make sure they take along at least one set of kick about to where in their hotel room or around the house of family (when it is a stay at home day). And often time will take one less "regular" outfit if needed to make more room in their suitcase.
Being a kickaboutist is not a passing fad for the fashion unconscious but a state of mind. It is the desire to be comfortable in your own home. To shuck off the public fashion requirements of what is cool, hip and acceptable and just be.


There is a difference between a kickaboutist and a slob in whom there is a danger is becoming if you take kickaboutism to the extreme. You know you have crossed the line if your entire wardrobe consist of kickabouts, and you comfortable going out in public in kickabouts. The common mantra for a slob is "I don't care what I look like or what people think of me." But the mantra of a kickaboutist is "I am in my own home and I am going to be as comfortable as I want to be."


Remember the definition: a person who believes or practices wearing clothing that is loose, comfortable and often time mixed matched, especially in the privacy of their own home for reasons of mental health.


If you examine your home dress attire you will soon see you too are a kickaboutist. I truly am and comfortable with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment